Monday, April 28, 2008

A mini revalation

Bourbon Samurai once wrote about how a drunk loves a dog, because they now have the same intellectual capacity and can now interact in an exciting new way that was previously unavailable. I have found a similar connection; one between a drunkard and someone else’s baby.

I was out to dinner at a new sushi restaurant in Queens with Hubris and a bunch of his work friends. I had gone out drinking with Hubris beforehand, and was downing sake and beers pretty quickly, so the buzz was a-forming. Now, one of the guys at the table invited his brother, and said brother came to the sushi place with his wife and baby. The wife and baby sat right behind me, and I was entranced. I looked into those large brown eyes and saw an instant kinship. For we both were filled with a curious awe at the confusing sights and sounds that bombarded us. Now, the baby’s mother was there to hold and take care of the child, who made the baby safe, but I just stared at the creature like its giggles held the answers to all of life’s questions. Seriously, go get bombed and stare at someone’s else’s baby, and see how you feel.

In other news, I have begun the process of moving, with is both a huge pain in the ass and an exciting adventure into change. This does suggest a lack in blogging and blog-inspiring activity (ie. Drinking until I am a jackass) but we shall see. I also now know how to play darts, and desire to improve at it. More as that develops.

No comments: