Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New job, first hangover.

Last Tuesday, I was feeling the need to blow off some work tension. I called Uber260 to see if he wanted to grab a drink. He said he could grab a beer (single) round 6:30. Best deal I had so far, so I met him at Irish Rouge for a happy hour round. We grab a cold one and shot the shit. Uber260 tells me that he is heading down to Williamsburg to see Oatmeal and Dreamfaker do some sketch comedy. Normally, I would avoid Brooklyn with all fiber of my being, but I was still a tad off from this steady job thing, and had been tame in my partying (as this blog can show) so I throw caution to the wind and agreed to tag along.


A quicker than expected subway ride later, we are in a bar in Williamsburg. We are greeted by Brownsox and and Groucho, who alert us to this bar's special deal; 3 buck Stellas.

A word on Stellas as a beverage. it has 2 key properties
1: It tastes like a cheap American beer
2: It has far more alcohol in it than American beers

Now one could see how such a beverage, offered at such a discount (for NYC standards) price could lead to disaster. I , however, a man of standards, could maintain respectability for most of the evening. We watches some sketch comedy, tricked Groucho into downing some shots and lament the passing of time, and finally when words become a trial, we grabbed a cab back to Queens.

When I headed home, I was much more messed up than expected. I was able to get some sleep eventually, after a prayer or two to the Drainage Deity, but woke up the next day feeling like Roy Jones Jr. used me to spar. I could exist in the world, but alot of energy was needed not to dry heave. Good thing I am a pro, so I sucked it up and did my job.

Thus I popped my cherry on being hung over at the job. It was bound to happen, I was just surprised Brooklyn was involved.

No comments: