Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just another manic Monday

I had a day off this Monday. Days off are rare occurrences for me. Here is what I did.

9am: Alarm goes off. Forgot to turn it off. Damn.

10:20am wake up.

10:22am, check work email. Do productive work stuff via intertron.

10:30am without leaving bed, fire up the Civilization Revolutions. This game is like crack to me.

12:15: Take over the world. Have not left bed yet today.

12:30 Shower. No need for a shave, cause who I gonna see.

1pm Go to Barber.

1:15pm My barber is not in.

1:20 Decide I should join a gym.

1:30 Go to Hubris’s gym, which is in a strip mall three blocks from our house. A appropriately perky cute girl shows me around, trying to sell me on something I already was going to buy. Fill out all the paperwork and whatnot. Am now a gym member. Look forward to meaning to go but not.

1:45 Make use of the stripmall and buy shaving cream and paper towels.

2pm: Return home, drop off goods.

2:10 Return to barber. My barber, an Irish guy who used to be my landlord, is in. He cuts my hair, and we chat.

2:30pm: Leave Queens

3pm: Go to work. Yes it is my day off, but something comes up that is time sensitive, and I left my sneakers at the theatre anyway. Need those for ‘meaning to work out but not’.

3:30pm: Leave work, finishing various tasks and earning brownie points. Return to Queens.

4pm: Hit off deli on 23rd Ave and buy Bomb sandwich, which may be the greatest sandwich ever made. The deli is not open late, so this is a rare treat to be treasured.

4:20pm: Return home. Eat amazing sandwich while watching Sons of Anarchy on Tivo. Should watch Mad Men but in no mood for anything that good. Episode watched better than expected. Hope for show continues.

5pm: Hubris returns home, confused why he is the guy coming back from work and I am the guy on the couch. I also am confused

5:15pm: Hubris plays Assassins Creed in living room. I play The Force Unleashed in my room. All is well.

6:30pm: Hubris and I watch On Demand. Declare that Dexter is great, Entourage may have redeemed itself, Californication has been saved by the addition of Leobin, and True Blood does not merit viewing.

8:45pm: Hubris has crazy plan. Get hammered and watch Speed Racer. I raise concern, but am swayed.

8:55pm. Deli for beers.

9:20pm: Speed Racer begins

9:23pm: I am scared

9:42pm: I am convinced that I am having an acid trip. Hubris will back me up on this.

9:55pm: We finish the beers

959pm: We get more beers. Movie paused.

10:27pm: This movie is a special kind of bad. A magic kind of bad.

10:50pm: We finish the beer again. Debate on to where or not we need more beers

10:52pm: Hubris gets more beers.

11:30pm the movie is finally over. I have no idea what just happened, but I am afraid of it.

Midnight: Bed, with the possibility of going to the gym tomorrow.

Thus was my first Monday off. The perfect mix of relaxation, accomplishment, and stupid.

3 comments:

Dubs said...

Hells yeah Force Unleashed.

And tell me of this Civilization game. I find it intriguing and wish to subscribe to its newslettter.

Quantum said...

Civilization Revolutions for the concoles. It's a siplified version of the computer game. Really fun

Anonymous said...

As requested, I back Quantum up on the trippy-like nature of Speed Racer. On Wednesday I had a real trip (drug related) and it was just like speed racer. Whether it was the chicken or the egg (i.e. did I trip like that because of Speed Racer, or did the Wachowski Brothers make Speed Racer because of a trip?), i don't know, but the two were very similar. Still Speed Racer was the kind of bad we should all love.