Thursday, June 5, 2008

Some would call this poor time management

Memorial day weekend, I had two days off work. I have not had a day off in a month, and now I had 2. Of those 48 hours, I spent 24 piss drunk.

On Sunday, Hubris and I hit up Costco for booze/groceries. Costco has a little liquor store attached to it, with the standard Costco good prices and high quantity. We grabbed a couple cases of beer, lots of food, 4 bottles of wine, and a giant handle of both Seagram’s and Finlandia. Lock and Load!

We get back home and Hubris makes some drinks. Now Hubris’s idea of a Vodka Tonic is to take a pint glass, pour it a third full of Vodka, and throw in some Tonic and ice. After 2 of these, the world becomes a hilarious place. We then proceeded to break out my new game, Fifa Euro 08. We had been in withdrawal from the Beautiful Game, and it was great to get a little virtual Methadone. Eventually Kodez and Arsenal came by, and Bourbon Samurai returned home from being in a play. We pretty much sat there and played the game a lot while drinking giant mixed drinks. At one point, I was so bombed that I had to go to my room and listen to music for an hour so I could continue drinking/playing. Kodez at some point went to the bathroom and fell into the tub. A day in as only we can do it.

The next day was our supposed ‘house-warming’ party. It was an interesting all day affair, with the entire feel of the party constantly shifting. First it was just a couple of dudes hanging out, then a friend of Bourbon brought a dozen people over, who literally stayed for as long as it took to eat Bourbon’s delicious hamburgers. We did challenge them to a football game, so not a total loss. After that mild blow to morale, we fired up the X-box for another couple of Fifa games. Eventually more people showed up, and the game was banished. Bourbon hit the high point of the evening with a day long marinated set of ribs that literally fell off the bone. The last memory I have was the remaining 10 people at the party huddling together singing “The Weight”. The full day of drinking caught up to me around 10pm, and with an early day at work coming up, I went to pass out as the party began to die down.

We still have not come up for a name for our new home. We have now been there a month and such things must be addressed. Alas, it is rare that the three of us are ever all there and conscious at the same time, so a meeting seems unlikely. I continue to work like a maniac, but should see a decrease in that in 2 weeks or so.

So until then, take the load off Quantum, take the load for free….

No comments: