Friday, February 22, 2008

Checking in

Huzzah more blogging! Huzzah more readers! Huzzah more use of Huzzah!

Things have been pretty quiet since DC. This is due mostly to an increased video game addiction (the one-two punch of Mass Effect and Assassin’s Creed is brutal), made more virulent by the purchase of Dynasty Warriors 6 (which serves its purpose of letting me kill hundreds of Chinese soldiers very well). Hubris and I are basically two virtual junkies, leaving our drug (and the house) only for work and futbol, with the occasional trip to a bar to keep up appearances.

Had a bit of a time last night though. I met up with Kodez at Triple Crown for a couple of beers, then saw Uber260’s sketch show around the corner, then immediately returned to Triple Crown for more drinking. I would like to take this moment to bitch about how after a show, large crowds form in front of the theater and don’t leave, even after the cast has come out. It annoyed me in college, and it annoys me know. Either go home or see your friends at the bar next store, its goddamn cold out and people are trying to shut down the theater!
Nothing too exciting happened, but I did get to catch up with a bunch of friends I had not talked to in a while, including Kodez, Groucho, Dreamfaker, and Sanchez. It also reminded me that Bud Light from a tap is not as bad as you think, but its super light nature will lead to you drinking way too many.

I am dog-sitting this weekend and next week, which means I crash at my parent’s place in Manhattan. Unclear if this will increase or decrease my drinking, but it does free me from the grip of my Xbox 360, so that’s a positive. This weekend is looking promising for foolishness, with an early Saturday morning game beginning the charge. More as it develops.

No comments: